Ankur V. Dnyanmote. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

August 10, 2007

Dreams


I woke up in the darkness and looked about. In my mind I saw greek sprawled around the fluctuating floor. It was all greek - what did it mean? It was all greek.
It took me a while to realize that 'those' were my thoughts. But, what did it mean?
I suddenly noticed the part of my mind that carried out the job of noticing such things. Things such as language, thought, curiosity and dreams. Was it a dream? I asked myself, was "this" a dream?

I woke up in the darkness and looked about. In my mind I saw images flying around the mercurial source of light. It was like watching a really big picture shatter into infinite small ones - every moment, forever. Were these memories? I tried to remember. It was still greek.

Suddenly, there was a sound - a knock on some invisible door. I looked through the peephole. It was me. Behind was a whole another world. More doors, more windows, more empty spaces, sprinkled with trees and thoughts. Was it all a dream? I asked myself.

I slowly felt the light of the sun glow on my face. What place was this now? "when" is this? I got up, and noticed the sky was dimmed by a fading eclipse in the sky. In between the times I shut my eyes and opened them again for yet another time, a memory, an image, flashed behind my eyelids. It was a picture I had seen of the earth rising on a desolate martian scene - real pictures. Postcards from mars. An exploration of the human mind. A receding horizon. It looked like the north star over a static red sea.

I brought my mind back to the present moment. For a while I thought of nothing. I noticed I could move this time. I got up to embrace the morning. I sipped a cup of coffee. There was music in the air. The traffic moved in a rhythm of its own. People spoke and birds sang. Within it all, there were sounds of the wind swaying the trees.

I looked through the peephole.
There was the world, sprawled all across a slowly changing canvas.

I walked towards the mirror to examine my self. I looked closer into my eyes. There, beyond the reflection in the dark circular globes, I saw yet other worlds. It was all greek, all memories, colors and sounds shifting through a temporal breeze.
What did it mean?

It was always different. It always seemed that I insisted it wasn't changing.
Another day the sun has risen, like it has risen a countless times before. Will it rise again tomorrow, I wouldn't really know. For sure I mean.

Was it a dream? I asked myself...

No comments: